Friday, June 22, 2012

Who are you friends with?


This topic can be a little touchy, so please please please read it with an open mind and an open heart. 
Be carful who you're friends with. 
No one likes to be told what to do, and I get that completely, but all I want is give you somethings to think about.

My mom was always super nosey and involved with who my friends were. It used to annoy me, but now I understand. Who you surround yourself with is almost as important as who you are because friends will always be a major part of our lives, and friends can influence us to be the best version of ourselves, or a version we don't want to be. And I think that this topic is often thought about as something girls ages 8-18 go through, but I think this is an ongoing issue. Being an adult doesn't mean being invincible to negative influences from friends.

Maybe you're now starting to question if a friend or group of friends are good for you to hang out with. Here are some questions to ask yourself:

 Does this person/group... 
  1. love me as I am?
  2. tell me when I have food stuck in my teeth, have bad breath, or toilet paper stuck to my shoe (in a quiet, nice way)?
  3. accept my beliefs?
  4. accept my values?
  5. talk about me behind my back?
  6. help me be the best person I can be?
  
"A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same."
~ Elbert Hubbard
Friends are people that think you're awesome when you feel like you're not. Friends bring you soup when you're sick, laugh at your jokes (even when they're not funny), and give you a shoulder to cry on. Friends open up their homes and hearts. Friends care when it seems like no one else does. A good friend will kick your butt when needed, and will be open and honest with you. A good friend won't gossip about you, but tell you what you need to know to your face. A good friend accepts your beliefs and values. 


If you decide that a friend/group of people are not positive for you, it might be time to distance yourself, or stand up for yourself. It might be time to not hang out with them as much. I'm not saying go cold turkey and ignore them, or be mean, I'm just saying distance.
Do your friends lift you higher?

Do you have a good friend you want to give a shout out to!? Comment below, or give them a shout out on our Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/pages/G4G/268873239847616?ref=tn_tnmn 

No comments:

Post a Comment