Friday, June 29, 2012

Struggles

We all have struggles in our lives. When I struggle I feel like I'm drowning. My anxiety spikes, and I don't feel like myself. We all struggle because of different situations. It could be anything from dealing with anxiety or depression, moving, illness, relationships, a new chapter in our lives, or self-esteem. My struggles are different then your struggles which are different from a friends struggles...but they are all struggles
Struggles suck, and I am not going to lie and say they don't, BUT I'm starting to learn something about struggles that I have never recognized before. 
Go with me on this.
We are afraid to struggle though our struggles. 
I know that there are difficult obstacles in my life that I am beyond afraid to go though. My fear becomes debilitating. On top of the struggle at hand, I am afraid to go through that struggle. 
So I had to ask myself, what is the bigger problem; the struggle itself, or the fear of the struggle? It's not our situations that are the hardest to deal with, it's the fear behind them.

Now no one wants to struggle. But we can't be afraid of them. We can't be so afraid of struggles that we sit in them. We can't be so scared to struggle though something that we give up, and camp out in the struggle. If we sit in our struggles and don't try to get through them with confidence we will never get anywhere. 

I am learning that I can conquer so much more in my life when I refuse to be afraid about struggling though it. In life there WILL be hard times. But being afraid to climb over struggles is probably the worst part. Yes, climbing over them might be difficult, but it can't be any worse than letting the struggle suffocate you
Maybe loving yourself is a struggle, but though that struggle you will see how amazing you are. If you don't fight though it, how will you ever get stronger? How will you ever move forward?
If I am struggling though something, I'm learning to accept it, and not be fearful of it. I'm learning that if I'm struggling through a season of my life...struggle. It's okay to struggle. Maybe struggling though things sometimes is the best thing for us, because it teaches us that we are are stronger than our struggles. 
you are stronger than your struggles.

There are times when I struggle with faith. There are times when I get mad at God, and I wonder if I want to identify with being a Christian. But every time I feel that way I struggle though it. And after I get through it, my faith is always stronger then it was before. 
Psalm 23:4 "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." 
The key word there is WALK. Keep walking though what your walking though. If you have to crawl know that G4G is here to help pick you up, and if you can't get up, we want to crawl with you until you can. My God is stronger than my struggles. 
"The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself."
 If you're struggling with something I want you to know that you are not alone. G4G is here to support you. No judgement.  


Love,
G4G and Tinamarie 

Have you ever had to struggle with something in life? How did you get though it? Do you want to share any advice or anything you learned?
*Please feel free to comment below! (everyone can post because I changed the setting! Sorry it took me so long to realize!)  









2 comments:

  1. I have had many struggles in my life, but my biggest one by far is losing my sister in a car accident. This happened less than a week ago so I can't tell you how I got through it or the steps I took to keep pressing on because I haven't gotten through it. I still can't fully believe it yet, but I KNOW that I WILL get through it and the only way I can do that is with GOD. It's been a rocky road since it happened and I have had many mixed emotions on how I feel about God and Him doing this and sometimes I think He screwed up big time on this one, but then I remember what I KNOW and I KNOW that God doesn't screw up. He knows exactly what He's doing and times may come where I doubt that, but deep inside I'll always know that God doesn't EVER screw up. I know that I would rather go through any struggle with Him rather than without Him, so my best advice to get through any struggle is to PUT ALL OF YOUR TRUST IN GOD! He has gotten me through a lot and I know He is going to get me through this too. Have Faith and God Bless. †♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kailee, struggling though this loss, and then being able to say 'put all of your trust in God.' even if it feels shaky to say, shows how strong you are. Girl I am so so so sorry for your loss. I know there is nothing I can say to make you feel better, but I just want you to know that I am here for you. Losing loved ones is one of the hardest things to struggle though. I know that doubt in God starts to creep in, but don't ever feel like you have to pretend with God. You can tell him everything you're feeling. Kailee, you are a strong, wonderful, and amazing person and sister. You have such a big heart. <3 If you need ANYTHING at all, please let me know. You will be in my prayers. Your faith is inspiring and amazing.

      Delete