Monday, December 26, 2011

Be Brave.

Be brave.
     Honestly, this is the best piece of advice I've ever been given.


For the past two posts I've been talking about how it's time for us as girls and women, to start loving ourselves, but I also understand that doing that is not always an easy thing to do. Recently, I've been asking myself this question....
Am I brave enough?

Am I brave enough to love myself?

And that is the question I want to ask you...
                                are you brave enough to love yourself?

Are you brave enough to ignore your own insecurities?
 Are you brave enough to say no to drugs?
 Are you brave enough to say no when a guy is pushing you to do something you're not ready for? 
Are you brave enough stand up for yourself?
 Are you brave enough to say yes to positive opportunities in your life? 
Are you brave enough to ignore negative comments that are said about you?
Are you brave enough to start loving yourself exactly as you are?


I also know that you might be thinking, "Well Tinamarie, you don't know what I've done," or "You don't know what I look like," or "You don't know what I am like!" 
And you're right, I don't know who you are, or what you've done, or what you look like; but I DO know that every girl on this planet has potential. I know that every single girl put on this earth was placed here for a reason.


In Isiah 64:8 it talks about how God is the potter, and we are the clay. 
"Yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, 
you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand."  


I believe each and EVERY girl is a creation by God, and it KILLS me to see the media portray women in such a negative light. It KILLS me to see women being degraded on TV, and in music videos because
 I believe every girl on this earth is a masterpiece!


I am a masterpiece.
YOU are a masterpiece.


As women of America, we need to start believing that. 







No comments:

Post a Comment